As I am doing a few back to school posts at the moment, I thought to bring some beauty into it and create a ‘back to school makeup’ video. I recently came across a photo of me nearly 3 years ago with the makeup that I used to wear for school, and that inspired me to recreate it for people reading it right now.
Now that I am at college I can wear as much makeup as I like, so to be fair I never do this makeup look anymore. Makeup is my passion so I love creating looks for college, as it means I can experiment with my makeup everyday, which I couldn’t do at school.
I appreciate that schools (and some colleges) have to have strict rules, so I thought to create this post for anyone looking for inspiration. When I was at secondary school I was the same, I wanted a makeup look that was natural but still looked effective within the school rules. It so natural and simple to recreate, taking only 10 minutes on a morning is perfect for before school! Even if there are no rules, I know that some people don’t want to wear lots of makeup to college so this is a nice alternative if you want something more simple.
This look is all drugstore products as you don’t want to waste your lovely high end products for a day at school, and also students are on a budget! Drugstore products are the same quality if not better than some high end products, but I very rarely turn to them so I thought to share some of my favourites in this post.
- Rimmel wake me up foundation– this is perfect for dewy skin but still long lasting and so good for everyday.
- Collection lasting perfection concealer– I use this everyday and it is my holy grail foundation, so much better than high end.
- Sleek face form palette- I haven’t used this in ages and I love it, need to start using it again.
- Natural collection mocha eyeshadow- this is an eyeshadow but I actually use it on my eyebrows, it makes a really nice shade.
- Collection eyebrow gel- If using a powder eyebrow product it always best to set them in place using a clear gel.
- Soap and glory palette- I haven’t used this for ages but need to start more, full of lovely neutral colours.
- Maybelline lash sensational mascara
- Soap and glory brown kohl- Brown is a lot less harsh than black for a natural look.
- Soap and glory ‘nudist’- You are wearing something on your lips but its subtle and almost like a lip balm.
Overall I really like this makeup look, it is nice and simple… perfect for school or natural makeup days. I actually really like it, it is out of my comfort zone as I don’t do ‘natural’ makeup very often, but I really should do this ‘no makeup, makeup’ more frequently.
Please let me know if you found this helpful, a bit of a different video but I do like it! (Also sorry for the bad selfie quality- I completely forgot to take some on my proper camera!)