Last week I went to a halloween party with a group of my friends, and of course I had to dress up as a mermaid. If you have followed my Instagram for a while you will know that I love creating mermaid makeup for halloween so I didn’t even have to think about what I was going to dress up as… I have always wanted to look like a proper mermaid and not just the face makeup! All the aqua colours and all the sparkles is exactly what I like. I’m so in love with this entire look and I want to have mermaid makeup for halloween every year!
I haven’t listed the ‘normal’ products below or else the list would be a mile long, although if you would like to know any of them please let me know and I will share! These are the makeup bits that created my mermaid makeup for halloween.
Here is a list of the makeup products that were used:
- Maybelline colour tattoo in the shade turquoise forever- used for the base in my eyeshadow.
- Morphe 35B palette- the best palette for creative looks as it is filled with bright colours.
- Kat Von D metal matte palette- I used the sparkly blues for a pop of shimmer on my eyelid.
- Jeffree star ice cold highlight- one of my all time favourite highlights and, due to it being so strong, it is perfect for this look.
- Mac Moth pigment- I added this to my cheeks for even more glitter.
- Rimmel blue eyeliner- for my waterline, a very rich cobalt blue!
- NYX jumbo eye pencil- milk
- NYX white eyeliner- for detailing and dots around my eyes and nose.
- Kat Von D echo liquid lip- the most gorgeous deep blue.
- NYX little denim dress liquid lipstick– for a pop of colour in the centre of my lips.
The main section of this mermaid makeup for halloween is the scales on my forehead and cheeks. I absolutely love this touch and it really adds texture to the mermaid. So many people ask me how I create them on my mermaid Instagram looks so I think that now is the perfect time to share as it is so simple! Fishnet tights are the best to create these, I just lay them over my face and then buff a colour over the top with a dense brush. when you remove the tights you get perfect scales! I find that darker colours seem to work best as they are more defined but you can get the look with any colour.
You will see on some photos that I am wearing a blue wig and on some of the photos I am not. This is because the wig was quite uncomfortable and I knew that I wouldn’t enjoy wearing it for the party, so I wore it for some of the ‘professional’ photos and then had really tight curls for the actual party. I was also wearing a tiara, and it is actually the one that I was wearing at my birthday party back in June.
The star of the show is certainly my mermaid skirt. I bought it from an independent depop shop and I couldn’t be more in love. I was so worried when I ordered it because I didn’t know how it would properly look, however I honestly adore it. I wish I could wear it everyday! I paired it with a bright blue top and I loved it, such a cool vibe!
Now for a few photos from the night… so much fun!
I had a really good night and it was a lovely party, so nice to have everyone dressing up and having fun! There were so many amazing costumes and it was actually the first fancy dress party that I have ever been to, I cant wait until I can do it again! As always thank you so much for having a look at my blog and I hope that you enjoy reading it.