I don’t think it takes a genius to tell you that April 2020 has, once again, been a very weird month. For the whole of the month the UK has been on lockdown, so I know that this post is going to be a super short one. When I say I have done NOTHING I truly mean it, and I think I have only left my house twice in the entirety of April 2020. I definitely couldn’t have predicted this, and I don’t think anyone could have.
April was supposed to be filled with time off university, revising for my second year exams and spending some time at home during the easter break. How it turned out was more time than I expected at home, exams cancelled, trying to do my assignments from my bedroom and working a lot on Indigo Rosee projects in my spare time.
I don’t think there is anything to write about in depth, so instead of my usual style I am going to write a list of the things that I have achieved this month instead. I have documented the past 3 and a half years of my life, so I definitely didn’t want to miss out a month, even though I have barely done anything and have spent most days chilling.
So in April 2020 I:
- Completed 1 of 2 uni assignments.
- Technically finished semester 2- although I will be writing a whole blog post later in may about this like I did for semester 1.
- Started reading and planning for the second essay (although writing it is a job for May).
- Did some dissertation research before I have to submit my proposal.
- Attempted some self photoshoots for Instagram, like the photos on this post.
- Spent most of my days makeup free and letting my skin breathe.
- Hosted an online quiz night.
- Became obsessed with TikTok, and gained 1000 followers!
- Uploaded 8 youtube videos.
- Decluttered my whole room and office.
- Postponed an IRB launch- although hopefully it will be coming soon!
- I have been a lot more ‘social’ online and really tried to stay in contact with my friends, something I’m usually really bad at!
Lets just hope May is a brighter month for everyone because I know so many people who are struggling right now, and I’m not sure that many people could do another month of the same. Like everyone I seem to have good days and bad day, but honestly, I haven’t hated lockdown. I have enjoyed spending time on things that I enjoy, having a slower pace of life and spending some more time with my family. Don’t get me wrong, I am looking forward to things slowly going back to normal (hopefully over the next few months) but its made me realise that I value my own time quite a lot, and I can always keep myself occupied with different projects and things to do. Who knows whats going to happen next month, but I will definitely be documenting it as much as I can. I hope that you and your families are staying safe, well and inside!